Pyür Charity Created to Combat Child Pornography
PROVO, Utah – August 16, 2013 – In response to the alarming statistics that abound on the internet about the dangers of pornography, Brigham Young Student Michael Tingey has launched Pyür, a start-up dedicated to helping individuals and families keep pornography out of their homes. The Pyür web filter, expected to ship in Spring 2014, is a parental control box that monitors every single internet device in the home, complete with remote access and reporting activity. Additionally, Tingey has formed the Pyür Charity to help finance the shut down of illegal child pornography websites.
The main features of the new Pyür device include:
- Connectivity to Every Internet Device in the Home—simply plug the Pyür box to your router, tap your phone to the box and you’re in control of all online activity in your home
- Pyür’s Smart Sensor—the advanced technology not only evaluates the user’s content but also the user’s behavior to cut down on annoying page blocks due to one offending word on the page
- Pyür’s Remote Control App—a simple swipe can turn the internet off in your home or just on specific devices
- Remote Monitoring—an online account comes equipped with detailed charts and reports so parents can find out in seconds how much time each child is spending on major websites
- Real-time Alerts and Messages—the parent or admin will be notified of suspicious activity and can send a message directly to the user’s device to let them know their session is being monitored
“Most filters come in the form of software you have to install on each device you want to protect. The average US household has over seven internet-connected devices ranging from desktops to laptops to tablets and iPods. If your child is blocked on their laptop, they can just switch over to the iPad and continue viewing the inappropriate content. So I started imagining a modern filter as a single, physical device that could monitor every connection,” said Michael Tingey, founder and CEO of Pyür.
Beginning August 16, 2013, Pyür can be pre-ordered at www.pyurweb.com using a traditional crowdfunding model that rewards early purchasers. The first 100 buyers will receive 50% off the regular price of $150 and additional discounts will be offered for subsequent buyers.
Within the next six to eight weeks, Tingey will broaden his product reach by running a campaign on Indiegogo, an internationally-recognized crowdfunding site. The Pyür website will continue to provide new resources, offering families and individuals the information they need to keep pornography out of their homes and offer help for those struggling with addiction to it.
The mission of the Pyür Charity is to provide financial assistance in removing child pornography from the World Wide Web. For each Pyür device sold, the company will donate a portion of the profits to helping law enforcement target and remove illegal child pornography websites.
Pyür Technologies, LLC, founded by President and CEO Michael Tingey, is committed to stopping pornography before it enters the home. Based in Provo, Utah, Pyür has pre-launched its web filter product via a crowdfunding campaign found at www.pyurweb.com. For additional information or to make donations to Pyür Charity, email Michael Tingey at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the company’s website at www.pyurweb.com.
If you have further questions or would like to speak to our media relations specialist, please contact Janelle Leatherwood (801) 319-8555 or email@example.com.Tweet